WEEK 1

Growing up as a child I was always surrounded by art. My mother is a graphic artist and would involve me in some of the work she did. By helping her it gave me some interest in that area of work. I am not too familiar with museums, I have only visited the LACMA museum but I would like to visit more in the future. 
Image result for getty museum


























Figure 1: The Getty Museum in Los Angeles, CA 

After reading CP Snow’s The Two Cultures and Scientific Revolution, I do strongly agree that science and the intellectuals art are two separately different cultures. While reading Toward a Third Culture: Being in Between, they discuss how technology brings science and art together. 


 
 














Figure 2: Dividing the Brain from Science and Art

After reading both articles, it made me realize that both science and art can be combined by a  third culture and Snow lacks this data in his article.





Image result for softball clip art
 
Figure 3: Student Athelte

My entire life I have had two identites. I have always been a student and have always been an athlete. School and softball are not connected in any way. The third culture that has brought the two together in my life was my scholarship here to UCLA. Now that I am at UCLA my two identities are conjoined, just how technology combined science and art. 


Work Cited


N.p., n.d. Web. <http://www.clipartkid.com/images/233/shared-by-heather-04-13-2012-2XB4yw-clipart.png>.

 N.p., n.d. Web. <http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/100318/file-935766721-jpg/images/art_or_science_02.jpg.jpg>. 

 N.p., n.d. Web. <https://news.artnet.com/app/news-upload/2015/06/getty.jpg>.
 
Snow, C.P. The Two Cultures and the Scientific Revolution. New York: Cambridge UP, 1959. Print.
 
Vesna, Victoria. "Toward a Third Culture: Being In Between." Leonardo. 34 (2001): 121-125. Print.















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Week 6

Week 4